Happy New Year 2018!

Happy New Year 2018!  I am wide awake at 2:00 in the morning on 01/01/18 (this is odd for me as I usually fall asleep around 7:00pm).  I just spent a great couple of hours bowling with friends, smooching with my hubby at midnight, drinking champagne and just having an all around great night to end 2017 and start 2018.  Before I left to go bowl, I had started on this card and although I had a great time with my friends, I just couldn't wait to get back to the card.


I started out with a great sketch from My Favorite Things.  I got the MFT Stitched Tag Corner Square Die-namics for Christmas and I just love them!  I used Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf cardstocks from Close To My Heart for my layers.  Then I used Pink and Red cardstock from Recollections and well as some White from my stash.  On the White squares I stamped the 3 hearts that come in the Cas-ual Fridays Peace Love & Coffee set that I also got for Christmas (the one heart is super tiny and is so adorable).  I stamped then in Catherine Pooler ink - Rockin' Red.  I stamped my Sentiment, from CTMH Sending Smiles set, on some vellum in Rockin' Red and heat embossed that with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment got kind of lost so I added it to a Black cardstock piece, it also gave me a way of hiding my adhesive.

I am linking this one up for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge.  Looks like I have my Valentine's Day card all set for this year.  I'll probably make more before V-Day and then I'll have to choose, but that's ok.  Thanks for stopping by!

 

Comments